Sunday, May 11, 2008

wk 5-- cosfest 2008

hello there guys! yes i know its not wk 5, but i needa start doin my journal again
school has been hectic so bear with me as i try to find stuff to talk about again!

today i shall talk about cosfest 2008

it is basically a cosplaying festival in... where else? tiny little singapore!
yes its kind of amazing that we do have art conventions like this!

i only got to know that we had such art conventions last year and went for my first one last year too. it was the EOY festival and i got to meet many singaporean in born talents. it was absolutely amazing!

first off i'd say that my first presumption of singapore before that was that singapore was so small, it didn't have any fan base or time  and manpower to pull such conventions off. since conventions sounded like huge events done in other countries such as USA. but i was pleasantly surprised when i got news of such an event and obviously rushed down to have a look.

as expected cosfest is all about cosplaying and anime/manga art. yes it may be subjective if these can be considered art, but that would be another discussion. when i met up with my friend there to have a look i was sort of shocked to see a lot of people dressed up in costumes. i suppose just because its kind of freaky and shocking for me to imagine myself wearing such costumes... it just probably is not for them.

well cosplaying aside, there were many artist there. and they were the aim of the day really.
i was actually kind of disappointed since most of them either did fan art based work or cosplay based products. i only saw one person selling photography and she's none other than the most amazing zemotion. needless to say i was psyched to see her in person! so obviously i bought loads of prints from here and got her signature! yay.

but the other artists were not quite my cup of tea... oh well it was an interesting experience still. now the upcoming event would be cosfest. its in july 5 and 6 and this would mean its during the school days!
but fret not, there is a public holiday on the 7th so all joy to the world i would not just die.

i also believe this fest would be much more up to my taste as compared to last years EOY. well basically there is one person there that is my main reason to go. TOOUNIT  haha. my utter most idolized artist. i really can't wait to meet him!

also i have been offered a table at cosfest. a table basically means a booth there to sell your items. yes i know what everyone is going to ask:" WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?" frankly i know my art is definitely not up to par. especially with the fact that there are going to be so many amazing artist there. so no i would believe i would not be selling my art there( in the form of prints etc)

on the bright side i recently picked up plushie making and yes, i enjoy it quite alot!
and from  what i have heard you do not see many plushies there... so i am hoping the freshness is gonna i've me some brownie points! cross my fingers!

so all the best for me, and i hope i get to meet and make loads of new friends as part of the experience of getting a table. i'll see you guys there!

No comments: